George O’Neill is CEO and Broker of Record at O’Neill Real Estate Limited. Prior to founding this business, George worked for over twenty years as a management consultant with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte Consulting and for Canadian and U.S. companies including Hydro One, Spar Aerospace, McDonnell Douglas (Boeing) and the Manufacturing Technology Centre in business development, marketing, sales and technology roles.
George holds Master and Bachelor Degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the University of New Brunswick (UNB) as well as an MBA Degree from Queen’s University. Active in the local community, George supports various charities and organizations and sits on various Boards including two private corporations and three not-for-profit organizations. George was an adjunct professor in Economics at Humber College for years and is founder of Real Estate Marketing Toronto (remarkto), Ontario’s largest digital marketing discussion group for real estate professionals, and is founder of the annual Social Media Marketing Summit for Real Estate.
George is an author, video blogger, sought after speaker and recognized as a thought leader in the real estate industry. He is pleased the majority of his business is based on repeat clients and referrals.
In the Press
Selected Newspaper Articles
- “Social Media’s Impact on the Real Estate Landscape” – Techvibes, 13 November 2010
- “George O’Neill opens independent brokerage” – Real Estate Magazine, 5 October 2010
- The New Deal – “Home tweet home” – The National Post, 8 August 2010
- “Who are you? Defining your brand” – Real Estate Magazine, 12 March 2010
- “The evolution of social media marketing” – Real Estate Magazine, 27 November 2009
- “Was that a For Sale Sign at the Rogers Centre?” – Canadian Business, 25 August 2009
Business News Network (formerly ROBTV)
On March 28, 2005, George was interviewed on BNN regarding the deployment of smart metering in Ontario, a project he spearheaded as a management consultant for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
CBC Halifax Radio
On November 5th, 2005, CBC Radio 1 817 AM Halifax interviewed George O’Neill on their “Information Morning” program. (6 minutes)